- jogan (dalton)
- rory gilmore and jess mariano (gilmore girls)
- river and the doctor
- the ponds (amy and rory, doctor who)
- hannah and adam/ray and shosh (girls)
- bunny and v'lu (jitterbug perfume - tom robbins)
- michael and helen (an equal music - vikram seth) in my head they are so canon. *sigh*
- scripps and posner (the history boys) - here have a perfect fanfic.
- jeff greene and dicey tillerman (the tillerman series - cynthia voigt)
i also ship people IRL*:
- charlieissocoollike and bryarly
- marion cotillard and guillaume canet
- aj holmes and ali gordon
- kevin bacon and kyra sedgwick
- jenson button and jessica michibata
- kevin smith and jennifer schwalbach
- wil and anne wheaton
- jed and mo!
i think it's an exercise in happiness, like listening to mcfly/starkid/hanson. happy, but not too happy. and there is the devastation that comes with other people's breakups...shipping irl is painful (cameron crowe/nancy wilson, susan sarandon/tim robbins, cusack/piven *sobs*). fictional characters are easier to sort with a fanfic or two or a couple thousand.